Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wow, it has been a looooong time!

It has been soooo long since I've posted! I suppose one reason is that I haven't been riding much this winter. I rode through January (if I remember correctly!) but then went on vacation in February and then March I went to a two-week yoga intensive. Before that and after I was sick, so I just got on for the first time last Friday.

I didn't know what to expect from Mac (guess I should know by now since it has been almost two years!) but I took him for a trail ride after about a month off. He was fine, of course. Then I schooled dressage at home and he was great! Then another trail ride and he was even better - especially considering that a woman who was headed in our direction fell off her horse as he spooked and then the horse had to trot around for a bit. Mac just stood there and watched it all and then calmly walked up to the thing that spooked the other horse and gave it a look-over.

I'm considering doing either a dressage schooling show or a competitive trail ride next weekend. Then there's a dressage schooling show in May that we're for sure going to sign up for.

I'm busy starting my Yoga for Equestrians business and that is keeping me quite busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment